Dr. Michael Mayr, DMD, MA, AIAOMT
Dr. Mayr was born and raised in El Paso, Texas and later moved to Austin, Texas where he attended St. Edwards University. He then went on to receive his master’s degree from the Boston University School of Medicine, where his research focused on oral health in Boston housing projects.
After receiving his master’s degree, Dr. Mayr attended the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine where he received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine. During his time at the Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Dr. Mayr worked closely with Dr. Yuko. It was there they realized their similar philosophies of biologic dentistry and their passion to providing a holistic approach to the care of their patients.
Along with being accredited through the IAOMT, Dr. Mayr has also worked with mentors specializing in occlusal (bite) disorders and believes that understanding biomechanics are essential to providing holistic care. He is also certified in use of PRF (platelet rich fibrin).
Outside of our practice, Dr. Mayr loves to swim, stay in tune with his yoga practice and travel with his partner trying new exotic cuisines.
Professional Experience and Affiliations
- Accredited Member of IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology • https://iaomt.org)
- S.M.A.R.T. Certified (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology)
- Member of the Massachusetts Dental Society – Membership Committee
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Certified Invisalign® Provider
Awards and Accolades
- 2018 Massachusetts Dental Society Top Ten Under 10 Recipient
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Richard Forcucci Alumni Award
- Department of General Dentistry William Cummings Award
- Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA – Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Cum Laude (graduated with honor)
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA – Master of Arts in Medical Science
- St. Edwards University, Austin, TX – Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance